Andrew Pearson has exclusively practiced construction law since commencing his career as a lawyer in 2000. After growing up in Virginia, he practiced at a law firm in San Diego solely focused on representing construction contractors and subcontractors, including claims in California state courts, federal and bankruptcy courts, and in federal government contract appeals, arbitrations and mediations. His clients included contractors engaged in private residential and commercial projects, and in public works including San Diego’s international airport, public schools throughout Southern California, U.S. National Parks and military projects.
Since returning to Virginia, Andrew has been admitted to practice before the Virginia bar and the Federal District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Virginia. His practice includes all facets of business for contractor clients including contract drafting and negotiation, bid protests, insurance issues, mechanic’s lien and payment bond claims, and mediation, arbitration and litigation of claims through trial.
Andrew is the former President of the Lynchburg Bar Association and serves on the council of the Virginia Bar Association Construction & Public Contracts Section. He is past Chairman of the San Diego Bar Construction Law Section. He is active in the Lynchburg community, having served as President of Lynch’s Landing, the leader in Lynchburg’s downtown revitalization movement, and as President of W&L’s Lynchburg alumni chapter.
Honors & Affiliations
- Lynchburg Business Magazine Top Lawyers of Greater Lynchburg for Construction Law (2016, 2017, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Lynchburg Living Magazine Top Lawyers of Greater Lynchburg for Construction Law
- Virginia State Bar
- Virginia Bar Association (2007-Present)
- Virginia Bar Association Construction & Public Contracts Section – Council Member (2015-Present), Chairman (2021)
- Lynchburg Bar Association – President (2014-2015); Board of Directors (2009-2016)
- State Bar of California (2000-Present)
- San Diego Bar Association Construction Law Section – Chairman (2005-2006)
- Virginia Legal Aid Society – Pro-Bono Panel Member
- Virginia State Bar Construction & Public Contracts Law Section - Board of Governors (2019-2022)
- Downtown Lynchburg Association, formerly known as Lynch’s Landing Foundation – Board of Directors (2009-2015); President (2013-2014)
- Washington & Lee University Lynchburg Alumni Chapter – Fmr. President
Publications & Presentations
- Speaker, “Contract Claims, Liens, and Bond Claims”
- Speaker, “Understanding Construction Form Contracts” (2005)