Addie Clarke is an associate in PLDR's Family Law Practice Group with a special interest in helping families through child custody and collaborative law. She began her legal career as a summer clerk to The Honorable Graham C. Mullen, United States District Judge for the Western District of North Carolina. Prior to joining PLDR, she served as a law clerk to the 23rd Judicial District Court and practiced Trusts & Estates with Coleman & Massey, P.C., in Roanoke and Family Law with Phillips, Morrison & Ferrell, L.L.P., in Lynchburg.
Addie is a native of St. Louis, MO. She is a graduate of Mary Institute & St. Louis Country Day School, the University of Virginia, B.A., in English and Spanish with Distinction, and the University of North Carolina School of Law where she received the Gressman and Pollitt Oral Advocacy Award, served as a member of the North Carolina Banking Institute Journal, and assistant taught Research, Reasoning Writing, and Advocacy.
Addie lives in Lynchburg with her husband and two sons. She is a member of St. John's Episcopal Church where she serves on the flower guild and as a member of the board of directors of the St. John's Day School. She is an active member of the Lynchburg Garden Club.
Honors & Affiliations
- Graduated with Distinction, University of Virginia (2007)
- Gressman Pollitt Oral Advocacy Award (2009)
- North Carolina Banking Institute Journal (2009-2011)
- 23rd Judicial Circuit of Virginia (2012-present)
- Virginia State Bar (2012-present)
- Supreme Court of Virginia (2012-present)
- Lynchburg Garden Club (2016-present)
- St. John's Day School, Board of Directors (2022-present)